Sunday, January 30, 2005

Soundtrack for feet and heart warm bath: The Dears

On foot in the snow. I came home on foot, printing off my shoes in the snow!
It’s so banal – you will say – that’s wintertime. Well, It’s true, but at my seaside town last times were 1985 (I remember some flocks of snow) and, back, 1956 (I was still not planned)!!!
3 kilometers from home the bus said “Farewell”, the wheels spinning without moving in any direction on the white-covered road. In few minutes the same way for all the cars, not equipped for snow travel, and a big queue started to form.
I got off the bus and I walked along the road that leads to my town, dropping the hill.
While I walked on, a fascinating and unusual show, the one that only nature can give: the snow upon the sea.
I walked in the middle of the road, where the snow was thinner. A smaller danger to slip on the ice, a big risk to be hit by car. From the cars someone invited me inside. I keep go ahead. I spent almost 1 hour to reach home.
I was a kind of ice cube when I arrived. Upon my face the cold drawn a smile or a paresis beginning. My frozen feet hurt me; back to life in a smoking warm bath.
Murray Lightburn’s hot velvet voice and The Dears soft music blanket melted the rest away, covering me just like a lovely caress. The smile remained.


"No cities left" on sale in Italy only since autumn 2004, despite the rest of the world.
Buy it here.

Here come 2 tracks from the album:
The Dears - No cities left - 01 - We can have it (removed link)
The Dears - No cities left - 03 - Lost in the plot (removed link)

5 Comments:

Anonymous snow shoes said...

I can never find exactly what i need on the web. I was actually searching for winter snowshoes when i came across your site.

Don't get me wrong, Im happy i did. Thats the reason for my comment. I wanted to tell you that even though i searched for winter snowshoes, and ended up your post "Soundtrack for feet and heart warm bath: The Dears", i was very impressed with your content.

Keep up the great work, and i will come back often to look for updates.

Thanks-

5:17 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

http://2relico.combe your own contractor and be your own contractor Ideas for Home Construction projects. If you own a home and need to work on be your own contractor then al I want to say is Yea.... I wood love to let you in on a secret about home repairs... People ask me all the time about be your own contractor and they want to know simple ways to solve ther problems ...well I have the answers and If you go to http://2relico.com be your own contractor and go through the site you will find what you are looking for... what can I say butt get going ...

11:19 AM  
Anonymous residential general contractor said...

How do I get information for residential general contractor... Some people believe that to create is great but build is like changing the past forever... If you want to create a beautiful home Visit residential general contractor and you can see what a little change can create..

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following Strong Skin Blog, it is cool to!

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Need Ideas for two story garage addition Find us at http://carpenrty4u.com/room.pl

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home